Thermocult Mini-Incubator available on rental agreement*, or at a resell price of R8, 500.00 Capacity Up to 20 Dipslides or 8 Petri dishes or 6 blood culture bottles Product features Fixed temperature 35 ± 2 ° C, adjustable up to approx. 42 ° C. Temperature adjustment screw is hidden under a cap to prevent unintentional […]
PRE-MOISTENED CELLULOSE SPONGE IN A 120-ML SCREW-CAP VIAL (SV10 PRODUCT SERIES)
Cellulose sponges are pre-moistened with a choice of five buffers and individually packaged in 120-ml (4 oz) plastic screw-cap vials. The choice of buffers includes:
Neutralizing buffer (link) (cat # SV10NB)
Dey-Engley neutralizing buffer (link) (cat # SV10DE)
Buffered peptone water (link) (cat # SV10BPW)
Butterfield’s phosphate buffer (link) (cat # SV10BPB)
Letheen broth (link) (cat # SV10LB)
A 7.5cmx 3.5cm compressed cellulose sponge pre-moistened with 10 ml buffer of choice (see above) and individually packaged in a 120-ml plastic screw-cap vial.
PRODUCT DISPOSAL/STORAGE/SHELF LIFE
See Technical Information for more details
- Wash hands prior to using the sponge. Wear gloves to protect hands from conditions encountered during sampling and to also protect the sample from cross-contamination.
- Unscrew the cap
- Remove the sponge with gloved hand
- Collect the sample
- Return the sponge to the plastic container
- Label the container with the sample details
- Transport samples directly to the laboratory immediately after collection. If the collection and transport time to the laboratory will be greater than six hours or transporting to an off-site laboratory, use a cooler with ice packs or refrigerate the samples during shipment. DO NOT FREEZE.