Prepared media products from Hy Laboratories Ltd bring the highest level of quality to the microbiological laboratory and the food and beverage, pharmaceutical, medical devices and biotechnology production lines industries, with more than 40 years of experience in media development, manufacturing and troubleshooting.
All products are controlled for the highest quality with ATCC collection strains and environmental and clinical isolates, according to ISO standards for commercially prepared culture media. Conventional media meet all international standards’ requirements (USP/EP, APHA, and CLSI), as applicable.
- Prepared Plated Media Petri Dishes for the isolation of microorganisms from samples or specimens ready for immediate use.
- The standard package is 10 dishes per special plastic sleeve. The Petri dishes are of a standard 90 x 15mm size and each dish is provided with printed identification including product name, catalogue number, lot number and expiry date. The widest range of chromogenic media for specific pathogens.
Irradiated Petri Dishes
- Double or triple wrapped 90 x 15mm size plates, available in a variety of media for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, cosmetic and food industries, for the environmental monitoring of controlled areas.
Divided Petri Dishes
- This catalogue has a list of combined media in 90 x 15mm Petri dishes divided in half down the middle. They may contain the same media on both halves or 2 different media. The standard package is 10 dishes per special plastic sleeve and each dish is provided with printed identification including product name, catalogue number, lot number and expiry date.
150mm Petri Dishes
- Available in regular 150 mm dish containing either Mueller Hinton agar or other media for use in the standardized Bauer-Kirby method of antimicrobial susceptibility testing. The standard packaging is 5 dishes / plastic sleeve.
50mm Petri Dishes
- Available in regular 50mm Petri dishes. The standard package is 5 or 10 dishes per plastic sleeve.
50mm Irradiated Contact Plates
- Double or triple wrapped 50mm Rodac plates, available in a variety of media for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, cosmetic and food industries, for the environmental monitoring of controlled surfaces.
- Solid media is prepared in slant or butt form, according to the procedure most commonly used. Liquid media for different purposes is also available. The media is provided in screw-capped tubes or in a tube with a special stopper in different lengths and diameters. The standard packaging is 20 tubes/ carton.
Blood Culture Bottles
- Blood Culture bottles are provided for aerobic and anaerobic culture.
General Bottled Products
- Liquid and solid bottled media for enrichment, culture of microorganisms and sterility tests. Fresh animal blood, growth factor supplements and sterile diluents solutions for living cells are also available. See product list for volumes.